Society for Continuing Medical Education and Research is a Registered Society under 12th Travancore-Cochin Literary, Scientific and Charitable Societies Act of 1955 on 6th September 2000 with the following major aims and objectives:-
- To organize Continuing Medical Education programmes in various medical specialties at State, National and International level.
- To assist medical institutes to conduct special studies and to develop research projects.
- To plan and execute research projects in various medical institutes
- To avail of the expertise of faculty members from various nationally and internationally reputed Universities and Institutions etc.
- To provide thesis guidance to Under Graduate and Post Graduate Medical students, M.Sc. Nursing students and Paramedical students.
The society currently carries out State, National & International level Continuing Medical Education Programs like Seminars, Conferences, Symposia & Workshops, conducting short term courses for doctors, nurses and other paramedical professionals like PALS, NALS etc. The Society in association with foreign universities like Irkutsk State Medical University and Peoples friends University, Russia, carries out Students exchanges programs, PhD programs, Internship programs and conducts of joint research projects. The Society is also responsible for carrying out the conduct of Institutional Human Ethics Committee of KIMS and thereby making sure that the Clinical Research Projects are run according to the Indian Council of Medical Research Guidelines.
SOCOMER PROGRAMS: A RETROSPECT FOR THE YEAR 2015
INTERNATIONAL CONTINUING MEDICAL EDUCATION (CME) PROGRAMS
- MRCP Excel Paces 2015 on 1st, 2nd, 3rd & 4th October 2015
NATIONAL CONTINUING MEDICAL EDUCATION (CME) PROGRAMS
- Forth National Conference on “Comprehensive Echo Doppler Evaluation Techniques” (CEDET-2016) on 17th & 18th January 2015.
STATE LEVEL CONTINUING MEDICAL EDUCATION (CME) PROGRAMS
- Basic Laparoscopy Workshop on 25th & 26th April 2015
- Symposium on Heart Failure on 4th July 2015
INTERNAL CONTINUING MEDICAL EDUCATION (CME) PROGRAMS
- CME on “Lungs and Infectious Diseases / Ebola and HIV” on 8th January 2015
- External Cardiology Clinical Club Meeting on 26th March 2015
- CME on “Prevention of Stroke and Other Thromboembolic Events in Patients with NVAF” on 27th March 2015
- CME on DSM – V: Changes in Autism on 2nd April 2015
- World Asthma Day Celebration on 5th May 2015
- Research Methodology Workshop on 27th June 2015
- CME on “Chronic Disease Management in Global Health” on 23rd July 2015
- NNF Neonatology Quiz Program on 14th August 2015
- CME on Scope of Genetics in Pediatrics on 10th September 2015
- External Clinical Cardiology Meeting on 15th October 2015
- Special talk on “Arterial Blood Gas: From Precept to Practice” on 24th November 2015
- A workshop on “Medico Legal Aspects: A Doctor before a Court” on 9th December 2015
- External Clinical Cardiology Club Meeting on 15th December 2015
- Diffuse Lung Diseases 2015 Update on 24th January 2015
- Fungal Infections on 16th May 2015
- Grame –ve Multi Drug Resistance: Current Treatment Strategies on 29th May 2015
- Strategies to combat antibiotic resistance- PK/PD Perspective on 13th August 2015
- Antibiotic Resistant Pattern and Challenges – The Indian Perspective on 13th October 2015
- Overview of invasive fungal infections in India on 15th October 2015
- CLINICAL CLUB MEETINGS – 4 Nos.
- CLINICAL PATHOLOGICAL MEETINGS – 6 Nos.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) & Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) – 12 Nos.
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) – 2 Nos.
EXTERNAL CONTINUING MEDICAL EDUCATION (CME) PROGRAMS
- Paper presentation in Conferences by KIMS Consultants or other doctors – 39 Nos.
- Paper presentation in Conferences by Residents – 27Nos
For More Information Contact
Mr. Manoj M.T
Manager and Chief Social Worker