KIMS is a multi-specialty tertiary care hospital where a competent team of specialists and sophisticated technology come together to deliver high-quality medical aid. Launched in January 2002, KIMS has emerged as one of the leading centers of pioneering medical work, research and academics in South India with global outreach.
To reach out to the community and beyond, to make quality, world-class healthcare affordable and accessible. This is the commitment that defines every aspect of clinical care, research, and education at the Kerala Institute of Medical Sciences (KIMS), Thiruvananthapuram.
KIMS has invested immensely in the area of quality and safe patient care. KIMS in 2006 successfully completed both National Accreditation Board for Hospitals (NABH) and Australian Council on Healthcare Standards International (ACHSI) accreditation thus becoming the first hospital in India with both National & International accreditations. KIMS has been reaccredited by NABH and ACHSI in the year 2010. KIMS laboratory is accredited by National Accreditation Board for Testing and Calibration of Laboratories (NABL) and the blood bank accredited by NABH.
KIMS International Patient Relations Department offers its patients from overseas world-class treatment, personalised attention and a comfortable stay. Air-conditioned deluxe rooms and suites with telephone, television and internet are available to the guests. Our plush designer rooms on the Executive Floor offer luxury to our discerning patients.
With a fine fusion of the cardinal principles of holistic care and hospitality with the three-pronged approach of courtesy, compassion, and competence, Thiruvananthapuram-based Kerala Institute of Medical Sciences (KIMS) offers a wide range of services.
Other than centres in Kollam, Kottayam, Kochi and Perinthalmanna, KIMS has presence in Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Bahrain, Oman and Dubai as well. The basic objective of the hospital chain is to evolve a single point model where all possible kinds of treatments and care services can be made available.
Care with Courtesy, Compassion and Competence
To be a model of excellence for the provision of healthcare and wellness services
Patient Focus, Compassion, Collaboration, Innovation, Integrity, Fiscal Responsibility
- Golden Peacock Award 2013 for Quality and in 2012 for Business Excellence
- Trivandrum Management Association Corporate Social Responsibility Award 2012
- A-/ Stable rating by CRISIL Ltd. 2008
- Entrepreneur of the year 2006
- AV Gandhi memorial awards for Excellence in Cardiology (2007 & 2008)
- Regional ACLS training Centre by American Heart Association
- Health Tourism award (2005)
- Financial Reporting 2005
- Kerala State Pollution Control Board Award 2004, 2006
- Best Customer Site Award from HCL Infosystems Ltd
- Best Power User Award by Cyber India Online
- ACHSI (Australian Council of Healthcare Standards International)
- NABH (National Accreditation Board of Hospitals)
- NABL(National Accreditation Board for Laboratories)
- NABH for Blood Bank