KIMS Master of EMERGENCY Medicine Program
In Partnership with Upstate Medical University, Syracuse, NY, USA
Thank you for your interest in the KIMS Master of Emergency Medicine (MEM) programme. KIMS, with support from Upstate Medical University, a U.S. Level 1 trauma centre, hosts a three year emergency medicine residency programme. A KIMS and an Upstate certificate will be awarded to candidates who successfully complete the course. All applicants must possess a MBBS from an accredited university and their medical license must be registered with the Medical Council of India at the time of enrolment. Documentation of registration will be required. Tuition for the programme for Indian citizens is 4 Lakhs per year (12 Lakhs for three years) and for non-Indian citizens is US $12,000 per year (US $36,000 for three years). Food and accommodation expenses to be borne by the resident. Stipend will be provided which will be the same as corresponding DNB candidates.
The last date for submission of applications will be April 30, 2016.
Course Highlights :
- International and national talks by faculty trained in Emergency Medicine
- Regular visits by the Upstate medical faculty
- 25 bed ED with modern equipment including cardiac monitors, defibrillators, ultrasound machine, X-Ray, etc…
- Procedures and skills training
- CMEs, seminars and journal club meetings
- Opportunity for 1 month observership at the Emergency Department, Upstate, New York
For more information about the programme please contact Dr. Anoop Chakrapani at 98469 27293 between 9.00 am and 6.00 pm from Mon to Sat
- Application form
- Personal Statement
- MBBS Certificate with marklist
- Proof of Registration with MCI / State medical council
- Curriculum vitae with any additional certificates
- Please send the completed applications to the following address.
Kerala Institute of Medical Sciences | P.B. 1 Anayara P.O.
Trivandrum 695 029 | Kerala, INDIA
Instructions to International candidates :
- It is mandatory to have registration with Medical Council of India to practice in India.
- Once the candidate is selected after the screening test and interview, KIMS will provide the acceptance letter for admission which is required for registration with MCI.
- It is the responsibility of the candidate to make sure that the registration process is completed prior to commencement of the residency program.
The candidates can send the application via email also – firstname.lastname@example.org
Click to Download
For More Information Contact
Executive – Academic Affairs