Family medicine department at KIMS is one of the pioneers in India providing continuing, comprehensive family health needs in any setting: urban, rural and global. We maintain a strong commitment to community involvement and diversity guided by our core values: assessibility, accountability and compassion. Our department is one of the most sought-after institute for National board accredited Family medicine post graduate training in South India. We work on well established international standards set forth by Royal college of general practitioners, Americal association of family physicians and Academy of family physicians in india in providing wholesome care.
Major services offered:
- Executive preventive health check ups
- Home care and geriatric services
- Palliative care
- Regular Family medicine outpatient clinics; encompassing primary pediatric care/ geriatric care in KIMS medical centers in Manacaud and Kuravankonam
- Immunization clinics
- Adult vaccination services
- Travel guidance/ Visa medical services.
- Regular community medical camps
- Post graduate training as per NBE curriculum and conducting regular CME programmes.
- Preemployment check ups for all new KIMS staffs
- Annual medical check ups for all KIMS staffs
- Undertaking reserch activities on life style diseases and preventive care: reproductive and womens health, disbility health and global primary care.