Speciality : General and Minimally Invasive Surgery
Designation : Consultant
Date and time : Mon : 9.00 am to 6.00 pm | Tue, Thu, & Fri: 9.00 am to 2.00 pm | Sat : 8am to 10amBook Appointment
- Qualified from the prestigious Trivandrum Govt. Medical College, India.
- Later worked and further trained under renowned gastrointestinal surgeons, endocrine surgeons and thoracic surgeons and urologists and assisted as well as done various surgeries under them for more than 5 years.
- Experience as consultant laparoscopic and general surgeon with independent capacity for more than 5 years.
- Teaching experience as assistant professor to undergraduates in Medicine for 2 years in Travancore Medical College, Quilon, Kerala.
Areas of Expertise
- Laparoscopic weight reduction surgeries(bariatric surgery)
- Laparoscopic surgery of the stomach, colon, uterus and ovary, gall bladder, spleen and appendix
- Surgeries of the thyroid, salivary gland
- Breast conservation surgery
- Diagnostic gastroscopy and colonoscopy
- Minimally invasive laser, radiofrequency and scar-less surgery for the varicose veins
- Minimally invasive surgery for the problems of the anal region like hemorrhoids
- Senior registrar, General and GI Surgery and Co-ordinator of Emergency MedicineKIMS Hospital Trivandrum 2004-2009
- Consultant General and Laparoscopic Surgeon and endoscopist- The Taliparamba Co-Operative Hospital, Taliparamba, Kerala – 2009-2010
- Assistant Professor and Consultant, Dept of Surgery- Travancore Medical College and Hospital, Medicity, Kollam, Kerala- 2010-2011
- Total Experience for more than 9 yrs
Education And Fellowship
- Certificate of upper GI Laparoscopic Surgery- Skill Training- Cushiery Skill Centre, Ninewell Hospital, Dundee, Edinburgh(2010)
- FMAS (2010) – Fellowship in minimal access surgery-AMASI
- Fellowship– Laparoscopic Surgery- World Association of Laparoscopic Surgeons(WALS)- (2006)
- DNB- General Surgery (2001-2004)- Govt. Medical college, Trivandrum
- MBBS- (1989- 1996) – Govt. Medical College, Trivandrum
- Life Member- Trivandrum Medical College Alumni Association
- Life Member- Indian Medical Association (IMA)
- Life Member- Association of Surgeons of India (ASI)
- Life Member- Association of Minimal Access Surgeons of India (AMASI)
- Life Member- World Association of Laparoscopic Surgeons (WALS)
Awards and Honors
Associate Editor- Text Book of Surgery ( 3rd Edition) by M A Akbar (Paras publications)