Speciality : Infectious Diseases
Designation : Associate Consultant
Date and time : Mon-Sat: 9:00am - 5:00pmBook Appointment
MBBS, MD (Medicine), DNB (Medicine), DM Infectious Diseases (AIIMS, New Delhi)
Three-year experience as Senior Resident in Infectious Diseases at the All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi
Observership in tropical medicine at the School of Tropical Medicine, Kolkata
One-year experience as Senior Resident in Internal Medicine at Government Medical College, Kozhikode.
Infectious Diseases Physician with special interest in HIV Medicine, infections in immunocompromised and systemic fungal infections.
Areas of interest:
- HIV Medicine
- Sexually transmitted infections
- Multi drug resistant hospital acquired infections
- Fungal infections
- Post organ transplant infections
- Hemato-oncology infections
- Adult and adolescent immunization
- Travel medicine
1)Niyas VKM, Kumar S. Community acquired pneumonia in type 2 diabetes mellitus; s study of cinical and bacteriological profile. Journal of Evidence Based Medicine and Healthcare. 2016 Jan 1;3(17):656-61.
2) Niyas VKM, Balasubramanian P, Thulaseedharan NK. Trichuris trichiura. QJM: An
International Journal of Medicine. 2018 Dec 1.
3) Niyas VKM, Balasubramanian P, Thulaseedharan NK. Anti-NMDA receptor encephalitis.
QJM: monthly journal of the Association of Physicians. 2019 Jan.
4) Niyas VKM, Banerjee S, Mittal A, Goel P, Kumar P, Baitha U, Jorwal P, Soneja M, Biswas A. Not so sweet; severe Sweet's syndrome presenting as SIRS and pleural effusion. Journal of family medicine and primary care. 2018 Nov;7(6):1584.
5) Niyas VKM, Gupta C, Sahu H, Chaudhary P, Kumar A, Wig N. Disseminated Histoplasmosis Presenting as Prolonged Fever and Pancytopenia in a HIV Patient. Journal of Advances in Medicine, 2019.
6) Banerjee S, Niyas VKM, Soneja M, Shibeesh AP, Basheer M, Sadanandan R, Wig N, Biswas A. First experience of ribavirin postexposure prophylaxis for Nipah virus, tried during the 2018 outbreak in Kerala, India. Journal of Infection. 2019 Mar 6.
7) Makkar N, Niyas VKM, Swain S, Sethi P, Nischal N, Agarwal S, Ramam M, Wig N.
Necrobiotic Xanthogranuloma as the Presenting Manifestation of Smouldering Myeloma.
Journal of the Association of Physicians of India. 2019 Mar;67:87.
8) Gupta N, Niyas VKM, Nischal N, Soneja M, Vinod KS, Ranjan S, Sethi P, Jorwal P, Biswas A, Wig N, Sood R. Epidemiological trends in patients living with human immunodeficiency virus: a 13-year experience from a tertiary care center in India. Infez Med. Infez Med. 2019 Sep 1;27(3):308-315.
9) Iovene MR, Pota V, Galdiero M, Corvino G, Di Lella FM, Niyas VKM et al. First Italian
outbreak of VIM-producing Serratia marcescens in an adult polyvalent intensive care unit,
August-October 2018: A case report and literature review. World journal of clinical cases. 2019 Nov 6;7(21):3535.
10) Alfieri A, Di Franco S, Passavanti MB, Pace MC, Stanga A, Simeon V, Chiodini P, Leone S, Niyas VK, Fiore M. Antimicrobial Lock Therapy in Clinical Practice: A Scoping Review Protocol. Methods and Protocols. 2020 Mar;3(1):16.
11) Niyas VK, Keri VC, Singh BK, Kumar P. Persistent Laparoscopic Port-site Discharging Sinus: A Rare Case of Mycobacterium senegalense Infection. International Journal of Mycobacteriology. 2020 Jan 1;9(1):100.
Grant for attending the 16th ESCMID ID summer school in Brostel, Germany.