Speciality : Infectious Diseases
Designation : Senior Consultant in Infectious diseases | Group Co-ordinator - Hospital Infection Control
Date and time : Mon to Fri : 11.30 am – 01.30 pmBook Appointment
MBBS, DNB (Medicine)
Certification in Infection Prevention and Control (CIC)
Infectious Diseases Fellowship training, Apollo Hospitals, Chennai
Observorship in Transplant Infectious Diseases, Karmanos Cancer centre, Detroit.
Working in a tertiary care hospital, last 14 years, practicing out-patient and in-patient care in infectious diseases.
Specific infectious disease problems pertaining to the following are attended to-
- General infectious diseases
- Paediatric infections
- Pregnancy related infections
- HIV medicine
- Post organ transplant infections
- Hemato-oncology infections
- Adult and adolescent immunization
- Travel medicine
- Also lead antimicrobial stewardship (AMS) program and Hospital infection control of KIMS Health care group.
Teaching faculty for post graduate students in internal medicine department and MRCP students and research guide.
Lead the training program for nurses on hospital infection control- KIMS Certification in Infection Prevention (KCIP)- a KIMS Certification in Infection Prevention (KCIP), 4 month course with contact classes.
Abstracts in national and international conferences:
1. A study of 24 patients with colistin resistant gram negative isolates in a tertiary care hospital in South India.
2. Listeria monocytogenes causing meningitis in an immune-compromised host.
3. A cluster of cases with melioidosis following floods in Chennai, India.
4. Prevalence of CRE colonization in patients admitted to multidisciplinary ICU.
5. Prevalence of secondary Dengue fever and outcome.
6. Rubella seroprevalence in reproductive age group.
7. Antibiotic susceptibility of salmonella serovars over 4 years.
8. Prevalence of TB spondylodisciitis and utility of xpert MTB/ RIF in diagnosis.
9. Vaccine efficacy in preventing exacerbations in COPD.
10. Multiplex PCR for rapid bacterial identification from blood cultures: ready for prime time in India?
11. Magnitude and seasonal variation of dengue fever in a tertiary care hospital in Kerala, South India.
12. Incidence of Mycobacterium Tuberculosis disease following renal transplant, in a tertiary care hospital in South India.
13. Melioidosis in a teritary care centre.
14. Clinical profile of Burkholderia cepacia complex bacteremia and ultrasound gel as a mode of infection transmission.
15. Latent TB in liver transplant recipients.
16. An analysis of Streptococcus pneumoniae isolates in blood and CSF over 4 years.
17. Clinical performance of Film Array Meningitis/Encephalitis Multiplex PCR Panel in CNS Infections.
18. Incidence and clinical profile of blood stream infections in patients undergoing Extra Corporeal Membrane Oxygenation from a tertiary care centre in South India.
19. Susceptibility and Serotypes of Streptococcus Pneumoniae Isolates in Invasive Pneumococcal Disease, from South India.
20. Etiological and Clinical Profile of Viral Pneumonia in Adults in Kerala.
21. Clinical Epidemiology of Staphylococcus aureus bacteremia, in a Tertiary Care Centre from Kerala.
22. Latent tuberculosis in patients screened prior to TNF alfa antagonist treatment.
23. A Survey of Hand Hygiene Knowledge and Perceptions among Doctors in a Tertiary Care Hospital.
Awards for abstracts:
1. Infectious Disease Fellows Program award with Travel grant- ASM microbe 2016
2. Guerrant grant for abstract – ID week 2017
Awards in International Conferences:
3. Infectious Disease Fellows Program award with Travel grant- ASM microbe 2016
4. Guerrant grant for abstract – ID week 2017.
1. ATRA induced scrotal ulcer (online publication-onlinelibrarywiley.com, 2004)
2. Refractory iron deficiency anemia- is helicobacter pylori the culprit? (medscape internal medicine, 2003)
3. UCTD with pulmonary involvement, JAPI, 2011
4. Acute Axonal Polyneuropathy in an Unventilated Patient with Sepsis, JAPI 2006
5. Common Disease at an Uncommon Site, Rajalakshmi A et al. Kerala Journal of Orthopaedics 2016;28 (1–2):82–84.
6. Disseminated rhinosporidiosis masquerading as sarcoma. JAPI, 2016
7. Disseminated nocardiosis masquerading as metastatic malignancy, Lung India Jul 2016
8. Adult pertussis does exist in India- a case report and review of literature, Journal of contemporary clinical practice, March 2017
9. A study of 24 patients with colistin resistant gram negative isolates in a tertiary care hospital in South India, IJCCM
10. Listeria in adults – truly rare or rarely diagnosed in India? JAPI
11. A rare case of Strongyloides hyperinfection in hypo-gammaglobulinemia. IJCCM
12. A cluster of cases with melioidosis following floods in Chennai, India, JCCP
13. Resistance trends in candidemia and the emergence of fluconazole resistant C. haemulonii in South India, JCCP.
14. Multiplex polymerase chain reaction (PCR) for rapid bacterial identification from blood cultures: ready for prime time in India? JCCP
15. Melioidosis – a case series from Kerala, JAPI, Dec 2019